Re: F21 Self Contained Change: Lohit Odia Gurumukhi font naming

On 5 March 2014 16:51, Miloslav Trmač <mitr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4 March 2014 19:12, Miloslav Trmač <mitr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Formally, the process calls for either making this a system-wide change, or for making the anaconda and libreoffice maintainers co-owners of the self-contained change.  (It amounts to the same thing - they need know about this.)

Yeah, I have completed most of the sections marked mandatory for system wide change. I am fine with taking this as a system wide change.

Getting an anaconda/libreoffice maintainer to sign up to make this self-contained might be easier - but that's purely up to you.

Sure, i will ping them.

= User Experience =
This change proposal it noticeable by target audience as the default font names for there language is going to change. They will see different font name.

What about pre-existing documents that refer to the old font names?

I see this is the only place we have default fonts listed. http://tagoh.fedorapeople.org/fonts/f20-defaultfonts.html
I think we can write clear i18n docs beat and mentioned about this change.

No, I meant users' documents.  If I have a used LibreOffice to create a document in F20, will it contain the old font names?  Will it automatically use the corresponding renamed fonts on F21, or will it fall back to some kind of default?

Valid point.
I will fix this by adding fontconfig Aliases. We can keep it for couple of releases.

Regards,
Pravin Satpute