Re: Why is not enabled TapButton of touchpad on Fedora by default?

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought so too. I was wondering what the DE agnostic way of enabling
tapping would be though. I use gnome, and the "mouse" utility does this
for me. However, when folks on other DEs, such as XFCE ask me how to do
it, I don't quite have an answer.

Could someone please outline the correct way of enabling tapping and
other options (for instance horizontal scrolling, two finger
scrolling..) on various DEs ? Even if each DE has a specific way, please
can you post with what it is? I can compile the information on a wiki
page to aid users, with relevant links to upstreams if they want to take
up changing defaults with them.

$ synclient TapButton1=1 is to enable touchpad clic

--
Álvaro Castillo

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Netsys
Linux user #547784