Re: Install Fedora Button for LiveCD

On 04/27/2012 08:58 PM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Colin Walters <walters@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The whole thing is clearly a mess that needs some high level
>> streamlining, from the entire process of download from web page (or
>> receive CD from friend) to the on-disk install first boot.
>
> While I certainly wouldn't disagree with this statement, let's not let
> perfect get in the way of better here.
>
> What can we do in the *near* term to make it easier for people to find
> the "Install to Hard Drive" option from the LiveCD?

How about installing the Dock extension on the liveuser account, and
configuring it to *not* auto-hide? That way we get a solution that
a) many users use anyway
b) is aesthetically pleasing

If we install this via RPM, this will result in two extra RPMs on the
installed system (gnome-shell-extension-common and -dock) -- but if
installed locally (via extensions.gnome.org) it'll be contained within
liveuser.

Regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim