Re: Fedora 18 Release name voting and Poll for whether to continue naming releases

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 09:36:17AM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 20 April 2012 07:41, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As for the poll -- The Board has heard a lot of people asking to remove code
> > names but is unsure if thats just because thats the group that happen to
> > subscribe to the mailing list in question.
>
> When have you ever heard "I'm running Fedora Beefy Miracle and it
> works fine. You should upgrade from Lovelock"
>
> Never. Nobody uses the code names. It's a waste of time and choosing
> names like "Beefy Miracle" is a good way of making the distro look a
> whole lot less professional.
>
> Just call it "Fedora 18".

The poll would be a perfect place for you to say "I don't want to have
release names in the future".  Thats why we set it up, after all.

We've already heard arguments like this one in the Board thread[1]_ and we're
trying to decide whether the feeling is universal among contributors or
merely "squeeky".

.. [1]_: http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2012-March/011419.html
-Toshio