Re: F17, firewalld, avahi

On Mar 26, 2012, at 4:21 AM, Thomas Woerner wrote:

> firewalld-config is not finished, yet. I am working on it.

This is still not in F17 beta RC4 which means it's not going to be in the beta at all. I'm a little mystified why firewalld would ship as the default firewall without the *primary* configuration tool being available for testing.

firewall-cmd is irritating to use. man firewall-cmd and firewall-cmd -h return two different results. My SOP at the moment is having systemd stop and disable firewalld in order to actually get work done.

Is the plan still to ship firewalld as the default in F17 final? I personally think this needs to be regressed and give firewalld more time to bake.

Chris Murphy