Re: The vision for the Fedora Workstation

The "Vision for the Fedora Workstation" really explained things in detail.  I think the process is much more difficult and complex than it seems to be at first glance and it will take a long time to implement.   The Workstation PRD presented a lot of potential unknowns and I think it's causing needless anxiety.

Perhaps people aren't entire clear as what the actual objective of the project. My takeaway from the "Vision of Fedora Workstation" is that this is about the future.  Fedora Workstation is a product that will solve problems currently being faced by Fedora Desktop right now.  The very concerns posted here including my own are actually problems the project seeks to solve.  From that perspective the desktop environment is rather irrelevant.  GNOME will collaborate with the process and in the end improve their own desktop and it's design to solve those problems too.

Am I correct in this conclusion?