Re: Underlying DE for the Workstation product

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 7:21 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yesterday I was looking at adding a little 'UEFI' indicator to the boot
menu when you boot a live / install medium in UEFI mode, but amazingly
enough, AFAICT this *isn't actually possible* in grub without a horrible
hack like sticking it in the boot menu entry itself (I was thinking more
a little 'UEFI' at the bottom right of the screen). Apparently you can't
just stick text into the grub screen somewhere, with console grub. Sigh.

Can we switch to gummiboot for UEFI then? gurb2 is a pile of hacks upon hacks anyway.

--
-Elad Alfassa.