Re: Underlying DE for the Workstation product

I would vote for Cinnamon as the default DE.  If not Cinnamon, then KDE would be my next choice.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

Since everyone else seems to be shy about kicking off some of the
threads for the next steps, I'll get this one going and get it out of
the way.

We need to settle on an underlying DE for the Workstation product.
The two major DEs in the Linux space are GNOME and KDE.  Fedora has
spins for MATE, XFCE, and one other (I think).  I've gathered that
there's a lot of assumption, both in the broader community and within
the WG, that Workstation will continue the Fedora trend and be based
on GNOME.  I would even venture to say that is a fairly sane
assumption to make.

With that in mind, would the WG like to officially settle on using
GNOME as the underlying DE for Workstation?

I will be perfectly honest and say I have no overwhelming preference
here personally.  My expertise extends to helping navigate through
Fedora process thus far, so I'm not sure I'd make a huge impact from
the technical side of things on whatever DE is picked.

josh