Re: FESCo Workstation PRD follow up questions

On Jan 29, 2014 6:09 AM, "Alberto Ruiz" <aruiz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-01-29 at 04:59 -0500, Christian Schaller wrote:
> > > 2) What is the actual deliverable and delivery mechanism for Workstation?
> > >
> > > This is asking how we intend to ship the Workstation product.  ISO,
> > > live USB image, something else?
> >
> > There is no plan to change this from what has been the primary delivery methods of
> > Fedora so far. That said I think the emphasis will need to change where a USB sticks
> > is the primary medium and DVDs the secondary.
>
> Two notes in this regard:
>
> 1) If we are going the USB way (which I think is the way to go as many
> laptops are removing CD/DVD and we also save some trees in the
> meantime), we should look at ways to improve the USB creation experience
> and documetnation wrt to the current state. I would make it a priority
> to focus on making it specially easy for Windows and Mac OS X users.

> --
> Cheers,
> Alberto Ruiz

Wrt documentation, we have http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/20/html/Burning_ISO_images_to_disc/index.html that's more or less actively maintained.  Suggestions for improvement would be welcome.

There's a wiki page with comparable content that some prefer to reference; I'm continually tempted to purge such things and replace them with a redirect, but that's a different story...

--Pete