Re: No screen shield in login screen in F20

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 12:16 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 01:52 -0500, Bastien Nocera wrote:

Further note that on Android this behaviour is configurable, and I've
noticed that it's fairly common for people to configure it the way I do:
if you enable some form of actual device locking (a PIN, pattern lock,
whatever), you disable the 'shield' lock screen so you don't have to
double-unlock. I have my phone encrypted and set to always lock on idle
or power button press, so I have the 'drag across to unlock' shield-y
screen disabled as it serves no purpose for me, and just have the actual
unlock screen (PIN lock) do dual duty.

What GNOME currently has looks a lot like mandatory double-unlocking, to
no obvious purpose: yes, you can clear the shield by hitting any
'active' key, but most people do not appear to have got this message,
seeing as how these threads keep happening and we keep having to tell
people this fact directly (which is a method of information transmission
that doesn't really scale terribly well).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey