Re: No screen shield in login screen in F20

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 09:14:57AM -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > Finally, the mouse movement necessary to remove the shield on the login
> > screen seems a bit unnatural for a mouse/trackpad motion, to me it feels
> > like a touchscreen type of thing.
> Just to be pedantic, any keyboard activity will automatically move the
> shield out of the way (it's been this way since F19, IIRC).

This isn't quite the case -- I tested this in F20, and it is still
unresponsibe to Shift, Ctrl, or Alt. This causes a particularly ironic
problem, since many of us learned that these are the keys that should always
be used to clear a screensaver, because anything else might inadvertently
get passed through to an application "below". (And honestly, I think that's
still good advice that the currently design undermines.)

--
Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>