Re: Workstation PRD approval

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 05:34:31AM -0500, Christian Schaller wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 01:47:48PM +0100, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller
> > wrote:
> > So who do we expect to provide those engineering resources? We seem to
> > agree that those general users are, in many cases, the developers and
> > enthusiasts that we expect to support, so we need to ensure that there's
> > development effort put into ensuring that the desktop experience itself
> > is compelling.
>
> I expect the vast majority of our engineering resources to come from Red Hat.

Red Hat will be committing engineering resources to support the general
user desktop?

> > The list of use cases is supposed to define the sets of users that we'll
> > consider during development. We agree that the needs of the general
> > desktop user are important and have to be considered during development,
> > which means that it's a supported use case. Which obviously means it
> > should be enumerated in the set of use cases.
>
> I disagree, it is meant to enumerate the areas we give special focus during development. Adding a 'catch all' usecase
> like 'general users' doesn't help anyone do anything.

I don't think you understand what "use case" means. It's the set of ways
that people can use our system that we wish to support. We wish to
support users who aren't actively engaging in development and who aren't
CS students, so they should be included in the set of use cases that we
support.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx