Re: LISA conference, Fedora, and the sysadmin use case.

On 11/14/2013 10:39 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 08:18:51 -0500,
>   Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  - handling of many multiple terminal windows
>
> What were they looking for here? I use workspace switcher on XFCE with
> 12 or 15 workspaces and use each workspace for a standard application or
> terminal window with an ssh connection to a particular host. By being
> consistent about what is where it is easy to go to a desired application
> or terminal session.

FWIW what I've observed in an unrelated usability study (one we did for
systemd that involved working with terminals) is in gnome-shell, when
you go to the overview you have a bunch of black rectangles (the
terminal thumbs) that all look the same, so the task of identifying
which black rectangle was the right one to click on to get the terminal
you needed was challenging.

~m