Re: Gnote and GNOME Shell

> Hi
>
> Gnote was one of the default icons in the GNOME Panel and in GNOME
> Shell, the sidebar doesn't have it and it seems that starting it
> manually puts it in the bottom (message tray?).  How do I make it start
> by default and what is the recommendation for it to integrate with GNOME
> Shell properly?  It seems that in the overview mode, sometimes the icons
> are not easy or impossible to click (applicable to Gnote, Xchat etc)  Is
> it intended design that it be visible only in the overview mode?

I'll ask Jon to give his thoughts too, but I think the basic
recommendations are

- don't use a statusicon
- make it a real application
- don't start it by default
- integrate the hotkeys properly with the control-center key bindings
- arrange for gnote to be activated when the keybindings are used

> Also,  Gnote package includes the applet.  Should this be split up from
> Gnote and not installed by default since GNOME Shell doesn't support
> applets?

I think we probably don't need the applet anymore, even in fallback
mode.