Fedora 14 Beta RC2 (inc. live) available for desktop testing

Hey, everyone. So, it's time for pre-release testing again!

I know this didn't work perfectly for Alpha, but I've got together with
releng and tightened up processes and it should be better for Beta. So:
right now, here:

http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/14-Beta.RC2/Live/

you will find live images for all of the desktop spins (KDE, XFCE, LXDE,
Desktop) for RC2 of Fedora 14 Beta. I have tested them, and all four at
least boot in a VM, so they're not completely broken like some of the
Alpha images :) I also tested KDE and Desktop on bare metal, and I think
Christoph has LXDE booted on bare metal right now, so we're pretty sure
these are working at a basic level. You won't be wasting a download :)

So with these spins we need to fill out these tables:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test

As you can see, I've made a start on this already, but there's many
tests to fill out. We absolutely need to fill out all the Alpha and Beta
tests for each spin. It would be great to also do the Final tests, as
this gives us a head start on identifying and fixing blocker issues for
the final release.

If people could do some of these tests over the next few days (by
Wednesday) that would be awesome. Also note that I'm running a session
at FUDCon Zurich this afternoon where we'll hopefully be able to get
together and fill out some of the table, so if you're at FUDCon, come
out to my session at 2pm :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey