Re: How to get X configuration from the command line

When all else fails, what about manually editing the /etc/X11/XFConfig86
file?  If you have the specific drivers and information about this
vidcard, you might be able to input the information yourself.

Also, in Fedora: what about redhat-(or system) config-display?

Just some suggestions.
Steve