Re: Fedora Magazine design!

Hi,

2012/12/18 Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 22:22 -0500, Emily Dirsh wrote:
> I worked some this weekend on an alternate design. [1] It's a pretty
> simple layout, and shouldn't be hard to responsify (we can all agree,
> this is now a word, right?). I was going for a clean, modern look, with
> 45 degree lines as a visual element that plays off of the shape of my
> favorite of mizmo's logos (the shape of the logo is essentially the
> fedora logo shape rotated 45  degrees.) It's not completely finished but
> you can get an idea of the aesthetic. Let me know what you think!

I love the navbar you have up top on this one! My main concern with this
design is that it doesn't seem to have a lot of relation to
fedoraproject.org (does that make sense?) I was thinking it would be a
good idea for them to look like they came from the same family, e.g.,
the same way that fedoraproject.org looks related to Fedora Packages
(https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/inkscape/ ) looks related to
the FUDcon print materials, etc., if that makes sense.

Maybe some kind of mashup where we take the top blue gradient and logo
box from
http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/mockups/fedoramag/fedoramag-mockups-1.png
and combine it with the navbar of
http://artboard.cloud.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/143 ?

yeah and for the social networks use better my icons, you already have no g+ on the mockup with fonts its fast a big section

br gnokii

~m