Re: Fedora 18 Release Poster

On Thu 15 Nov 2012 09:20:22 EST, shatadru bandyopadhyay wrote:

https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/attachment/ticket/247/variation1_preview.jpg
(186KB)
On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM, shatadru bandyopadhyay
<shatadru.fedora@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:shatadru.fedora@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello mailing list ,

                             I have just uploaded one variation of the
    release poster that I have made , please let me know what
    additions or alterations can be done to make it better .

     Shatadru Bandyopadhyay .

    Link to High res png file :
    https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/attachment/ticket/247/fedora18poster_var1.png (12.3
    MB)
              compressed png :
    https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/attachment/ticket/247/Fed18_poster.jpg

This is fantastic!

just a few quick thoughts:

* the white drop shadow around the fedora logo at the top makes the fedora logo look pretty blurry. How does it look without a dropshadow at all?

* i love the big bold "18", but not a huge fan of how glossy it is. Maybe making the 18 white and lowering the transparency of it might work. Also, a few of the people in the photo are hitting their heads on the 18. Giving them a bit of breathing room should also make the 18 pop more.

Overall, i love the design. Is the source SVG available anywhere too?

cheers,
ryanlerch