Re: The boot splash - time to think about it again

On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 11:26:53PM +0200, Elad Alfassa wrote:
> but then we need to actually get selinux and fsck developers to make their
> software provide us with progress information. If they do that, and we have

We can do that. Dan Walsh wrote the selinux fixfiles script, and he's

a) a reasonable person
b) who gets stuff done
c) who is very involved in fedora

And fsck allready has the capability.

So I think we should fix that rather than worrying about what to do without
it.

> a reliable method of figuring out how to handle this, a progressbar for the
> overall boot progress when there's a relabel running will appear "stuck"
> because the relabel is just another thing running... I suggest either
> throbber+progress bar for long operations or two progress bars, one for
> long operation and the other for the overall boot progress.

I'll defer on that, but two progress bars seems confusing.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>