Re: Fedora GRUB2 boot menu, from design perspective

It's not my dream solution but I am willing to compromise. I just wanted to raise my own concerns.

If I had it my way grub would be a blue fedora theme a la the red RHEL theme.

And you would be able to see all the kernels.

But again, in life you must compromise and I find this solution acceptable to me personally. :)

Dan

On Jun 21, 2012 4:25 AM, "Martin Sourada" <martin.sourada@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:31:29 -0700
Dan Mashal wrote:

> +1000
well, well, aren't we having quite a lot of votes here? :D Anyway, I
like this proposal also the best. I like the centring, and how nicely
he grouped the other options. It is now much less cluttered and
works probably rather well for all types of people! So +1 from me too.

BTW while we're discussing themes -- shouldn't we go for release (or
perhaps even distro) agnostic theme? Currently the boot would look
less than desirable:
1. Grub2 with Beefy Miracle
2. Distro specific boot screen (in Fedora release agnostic, and IMHO
rather dull looking)
3. Distro/release specific login screen (in Fedora only bg is changed)
4. Whatever personalized desktop a user has

IMHO the jumping between beefy, fedora and back to beefy is rather odd
and it would be better (and kinder to other distros) to have something
not too flashy, yet fresh and professional looking and without any kind
of fedora specific branding. How does that sound?

Just my two cents WRT the theme discussion Onyeibo started.

Cheers,
Martin