Re: [Design-team] FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Buddhike Kurera
<bckurera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
> <kagesenshi.87@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm Izhar/KageSenshi , a Malaysian ambassador and the coordinator for
>> FUDCon KL 2012.
>>
>> FUDCon KL 2012 just officially approved:
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2012-March/003045.html
>> and we need a logo :)
>>
>> Some design elements ideas:
>>
>>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=klcc+twin+tower&tbm=isch
>>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malaysian+flag&tbm=isch
>>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=bunga+raya&tbm=isch
>>     http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malayan+tiger&tbm=isch
>>
>> The event will be happening on 18th-20th May 2012, so this request is
>> quite urgent.
>>
>> Thanks!!!
>
> Hello Team,
>
> I am done with the first sketch for the FUDcon logo.
> a city view of the KL with the FUDcon text
>
> http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

I did some modifications to the logo I have created earlier.
Adding some fireworks.

http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/116

Earlier one can be found at

http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

What I wanted to do is remind the firework concept (associated with
the F17 wallpaper).
The FUDcon and the F17 launch will be in same days(month may be)
So i think adding fireworks is nice and suitable.

I followed the Gnokii's way when creating fireworks, but the positions
are not good as I think.
When using one color it is hard to manage them anyway.
Any help is welcome, make it nice.

PS: I really like the gnokii's tiger as well. I am done with my idea.

--
Regards,
Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)

Email: bckurera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | IRC: bckurera