Re: [Design-team] Design for Ask Fedora

On Wed 16 Nov 2011 00:52:56 EST, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 11/15/2011 11:41 AM, Suchakra wrote:
>> Dear Team,
>>
>> We all must be aware by now, of the release of Ask Fedora [1]. Its
>> picking up pace and we need good design/artwork otherwise it can lead
>> to negative publicity. Akbot seems to be working fine in terms of
>> functionality and we just need good skinning/logo for the time being.
>> I made some changes to the css (colour changes etc sometime back)
>> which is just a temporary job. We even have a skin code repo from some
>> Ubuntu guys who tried to do something similar for Askbot (Rahul has
>> the links I think) It can be used as a reference. There are some other
>> examples of good skins for Askbot which maybe he can share on this
>> thread too so we can got going.
>
> The template has changed in the last few versions along with a new
> default upstream theme as can been seen in
> http://test.askbot.org/en/questions/ . I have pushed 0.7.29 today for
> Rawhide, Fedora 16 and EPEL 6 and we will get it running on the staging
> instance soon to test it out.  If anyone wants to help with customizing
> the theme, take a look at this instance.  Instructions on setting it up
> is at
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ask_Fedora_SOP
>
> Rahul

Just grabbed the ticket!

Happy to work on getting the CSS freshened up. The ticket mentioned
that there might be a test server to play with styles and such, how do
i go about getting access to that?

In the meantime, i will have a crack at setting up a local instance of
askbot and having a play.

cheers,
ryanlerch