Appointment to the Fedora Board, and Elections Reminder

I'm pleased to announce the appointment of Garrett Holmstrom to the Fedora Board. In this election cycle, three Board seats are open for election, and two Board appointee seats are open; the first appointee, Garrett, is being appointed prior to nominations opening, and the second will be appointed after elections are completed.

Garrett (aka: gholms) has been involved in the Cloud SIG since the "early days" (early 2010, to be more precise), as the maintainer of the euca2ools package. As the group has progressed, he's taken on a number of tasks, doled out much advice and opinion, and has shown himself to be an excellent leader and communicator. He's also a regular in the #fedora-devel channel, willing to help out and answer questions as he can. I'm delighted that he has agreed to serve on the Board; I believe that, as a community, we should constantly strive to nurture and grow new leadership, and I think that Garrett's communication skills and positive attitude will be a fantastic asset to the Board as Fedora continues to evolve.

Garrett will be taking seat A3, previously held by Rudi Landmann. (And a big thank you to Rudi for his contributions as a Fedora Board member -- your time and efforts are greatly valued!)

I'd also like to remind everyone of the ongoing elections process; today, May 8th, is the last day to submit questions to the elections questionnaire. Beginning tomorrow, May 9th, nominations for the Board, FESCo, and FAmSCo will be open, closing on May 15th.

Additional information about Elections can be seen here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

A complete history of Board Members is available here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/History

Cheers,

-Robyn