# 1.1.2.2 Fedora 14 Beta Change Deadline Reached 2010-09-14
# 1.1.2.3 Fedora 14 Beta Release Date at Risk
# 1.1.2.4 bodhi v0.7.9 deployed
* 1.1.2.4.1 Web UI Changes
* 1.1.2.4.2 Client Changes
* 1.1.2.4.3 API Changes
* 1.1.2.4.4 Backend Changes
* 1.1.2.4.5 Bugs & RFEs
# 1.1.2.5 Fedora 14 Beta Go/No-Go Meeting Wednesday, September 22, 2010
@ 21:00 UTC
+ 1.1.3 Fedora Events
# 1.1.3.1 Upcoming Events (Sept 2010 - November 2010)
# 1.1.3.2 Past Events
# 1.1.3.3 Additional information
o 1.2 Planet Fedora
+ 1.2.1 General
o 1.3 Ambassadors
+ 1.3.1 Welcome New Ambassadors
+ 1.3.2 Summary of traffic on Ambassadors mailing list
+ 1.3.3 Summary of traffic on FAmSCo mailing list
o 1.4 Translation
+ 1.4.1 Fedora 14 Tasks
+ 1.4.2 Stability Problems for translate.fedoraproject.org
+ 1.4.3 Power Management Guide
+ 1.4.4 FLP Representative for Fedora Websites
+ 1.4.5 Anaconda Translation/Keyboard Test day
+ 1.4.6 New Members and Sponsors in FLP
o 1.5 Design
+ 1.5.1 Fedora Design Team at FUDCon
+ 1.5.2 Banners for the Next FUDCon
o 1.6 Security Advisories
+ 1.6.1 Fedora 14 Security Advisories
+ 1.6.2 Fedora 13 Security Advisories
+ 1.6.3 Fedora 12 Security Advisories

- Fedora Weekly News Issue 244 -

Welcome to Fedora Weekly News Issue 244[1] for the week ending September
22, 2010. What follows are some highlights from this issue.

Our issue kicks off with announcement of host bids for the next FUDCon
LATAM 2011, accepted through September 30th. In development
announcements, notice of Fedora 14 feature complete milestone and other
items around Fedora 14 beta timing. In news from the Fedora Planet, how
to properly (and improperly) distribute new PGP/GPG keys, details on Red
Hat opening up the Fedora Students Contributing/Summer Coding program to
greater involvement from the community, and coverage of the latest
Fedora Board meetings. In Ambassador news, a summary of the discussion
list traffic, including recent Test Days on the Anaconda Translation
Keyboard and virtualization and a trip report from Ohio Linux Fest, and
also coverage of discussion from the FAmSCo list. In Translation news,
detail on some current stability issues with
translate.fedoraproject.org, a new FLP representative for Fedora
Websites team, and new members and sponsors for the Fedora Localization
Project. Design team news provides a summary of Design Team work at the
recent FUDCon in Zurich, and banner design work already in progress for
the next FUDCon in Tempe, AZ. Our issue wraps up with security
advisories from the past week for Fedora 12, 13 and 14. Thanks for reading!

The audio version of FWN - FAWN - is back! You can listen to existing
issues[2] on the Internet Archive. If anyone is interested in helping
spread the load of FAWN production, please contact us!

If you are interested in contributing to Fedora Weekly News, please see
our 'join' page[3]. We welcome reader feedback: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FWN Editorial Team: Pascal Calarco, Adam Williamson

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Issue244
2. http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22FWN%22
3. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewsProject/Join

-- Announcements --

In this section, we cover announcements from the Fedora Project,
including general announcements[1], development announcements[2] and
Events[3].

Contributing Writer: Rashadul Islam

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/
2. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/
3. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events

--- Fedora Announcement News ---

The announcement list is always exclusive for the Fedora Community.
Please, visit the past announcements at[1]

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2010-August/thread.html

---- FUDCon LATAM 2011 bids ----

Paul W. Frields[1] on Fri Sep 17 17:53:31 UTC 2010 announced[2],

"The bid period for the next Fedora Users and Developers Conference
(FUDCon) in the LATAM region is open, and will remain open for a few
more weeks. The bid process for FUDCon is outlined here: [3]

Two bids have already been received for FUDCon at this point, and the
process will continue soon with an award, a budget, and an open and
transparent planning process: [4] [5]

Bids will continue to be accepted until *September 30, 2010*. Bids must
be published on the Fedora wiki, and a URL for the bid sent to the
fudcon-planning list: [6]

The majority budget holder, the Community Architecture team, will
consult with the bid teams and regional Ambassador leadership, work with
the Fedora Project Leader to decide on a location and date, and make an
announcement of the next LATAM region FUDCon soon afterward. Decisions
for a FUDCon location are made on the basis of many factors, including
costs, quality and quantity of bid information provided, facilities
available, bid team commitment, and the desire to move FUDCon around a
given region where practical.

Once the venue and dates are decided, planning for the LATAM region
FUDCon event is expected to happen on the general fudcon-planning list.
Planning will include regular, weekly meetings and use of a publicly
visible ticket queue. This transparency helps the Fedora community
participate; community members can help organizers plan and execute the
work that goes into the FUDCon event. That participation can produce a
higher quality event that meets or exceeds attendee expectations.

FUDCon is held several times each year around the globe as part of
Fedora's premier events strategy. You can read more about Fedora events
here: [7]

Please remove 'announce-list' from any replies to this message, since
they'll be removed from its moderation queue. Thank you!"

1. http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2010-September/002862.html
3. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_bid_process
4. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:LATAM_2011_Bid_Panama
5. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:LATAM_2011_Bid_Foz
7. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Premier_Fedora_Events

--- Fedora Development News ---

The fedora development news list is intended to be a low traffic
announce-only list for Fedora development.[1]

* Acceptable Types of Announcements

- Policy or process changes that affect developers. - Infrastructure
changes that affect developers. - Tools changes that affect developers.
- Schedule changes - Freeze reminders

* Unacceptable Types of Announcements

- Periodic automated reports (violates the INFREQUENT rule) - Discussion
- Anything else not mentioned above

--- We have reached Fedora 14 Feature Complete ---

---- By John Poelstra ----

John Poelstra [1] on Wed Sep 15 22:46:50 UTC 2010 announced[2],

"Thank you to all the feature owners and developers for all their hard
work to make Fedora 14 the best Fedora release yet. We are almost to the
end!

As a follow-up to last week's reminder [3]

ALL feature pages are now expected to be at 100% completion. The
following features are not listed at 100% complete and are being sent to
FESCo ([4]) for re-evaluation for inclusion in the Fedora 14 feature
list if they remain incomplete:

[5] (yes, a mere technicality at 99% done) [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] "

1. John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-September/000684.html
3.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-September/000676.html
4. https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/468
5. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/D_Programming
6. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GdbIndex
7. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GNUstep
8. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MemoryDebuggingTools
9. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.7
10. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Spice

---- David Malcolm ----

To continue the thread, David Malcolm </ref>David Malcolm dmalcolm at
redhat.com[1],

"On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 15:46 -0700, John Poelstra wrote: > Thank you to
FESCo (https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/468) for re-evaluation for
inclusion > in the Fedora 14 feature list if they remain incomplete:

 > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MemoryDebuggingTools

I held off on saying "100%" there as I hoped to add C++ support to the
"what is this RAM being used for" heuristics. Unfortunately that part of
it needs some optimization work before it can be enabled. The rest of
the feature works, but has bugs, so I've marked it as 100%; C++ support
deferred; I've updated the feature page accordingly, and I'm working on
improving the docs.

 > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_2.7</ref>

This is essentially done (given the caveat in the release notes on that
page), but a few stragglers are left to rebuild; some of them are
fiddly. I believe that there's no significant risk to the release as a
whole from those; I hope to look at them later tonight/tomorrow.

Sorry about this (got bogged down in RHEL work)"

1. on Thu Sep 16 21:30:43 UTC 2010 announced

--- Fedora 14 Beta Change Deadline Reached 2010-09-14 ---

John Poelstra[1] on Wed Sep 15 22:59:53 UTC 2010 announced[2],

"As a reminder, we have reached the Beta Change Deadline for Fedora 14.

"At the change deadlines for Alpha and Beta, pushes to the branched
development repository (e.g. /pub/fedora/linux/development/14), are
suspended until the Release Candidate has been successfully tested and
staging has started to the mirrors."

More details are located here: [3]"

1. John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-September/000685.html
3. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Change_deadlines

--- Fedora 14 Beta Release Date at Risk ---

John Poelstra[1] on Thu Sep 16 22:31:14 UTC 2010 announced[2],

"We have missed the Fedora 14 Beta RC compose scheduled today because of
unresolved Fedora 14 Beta Blocker bugs.

[3](NEW or ASSIGNED)

As soon as these bugs are resolved with new packages we will request an
RC compose from Release Engineering."

1. John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-September/000686.html
3.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=611991&hide_resolved=1

--- bodhi v0.7.9 deployed ---

Luke Macken[1] on Mon Sep 20 18:19:06 UTC 2010 announced[2],

"A new version of bodhi has just hit production. This release contains a
number of bugfixes and enhancements. [3]

---- Web UI Changes ----

* Improved editing functionality

- Only unpush edited updates when builds are altered
- Make a note in the comments of which builds were added/removed

* Allow people to revert their karma vote more than once
* Add mouseover tooltips to the update status with more details
* Prevent different versions of a package from being added to the same
update
* Handle more types of bugzilla auto-linking in comments (ex: rhbz#1234)
* Link to the newer update in the obsoleted ones
* Link to gitweb instead of viewvc
* Set default (un)stable karma values if re-enabled
* Anonymous karma has never effected karma, so we now mark them as being
ignored in the interface to make it obvious
* Get the 'suggest reboot' flag working again
* Allow non-critpath updates to be pushed to stable after meeting our
critpath requirements
* Allow maintainers to request that their update be pushed to stable
before the automatic approval job runs, if it already meets the
time-in-testing requirements.

---- Client Changes ----

* Add --stablekarma, --unstablekarma, and --disable-autokarma client
arguments
* Fix a bug in using `bodhi --push-build=` on multi-build updates
* Add a --bodhi-url command-line option
* Instead of requiring only one argument with a comma separated list of
updates, support several builds as several arguments.

---- API Changes ----

* Remove our API pagination query limit of 1000
* Add a new 'author_group' field to each comment in our JSON API

---- Backend Changes ----

* Add the new 'dist-fN-updates{-testing,}-pending' tags to builds so
AutoQA can start testing them before they get pushed
* List security & critpath testing updates in our updates-testing digest
emails
* Download and inject the pkgtags sqlite db into our repodata from the
pkgdb (which will be utilized by `yum search`)
* Email the proventesters about stale unapproved critical path updates
* Update the bug titles for all security updates before pushing (since
security bug titles frequently change after the update is submitted to
reflect the CVE id)
* Improved sanity checking in the masher when resuming pushes
* Properly capture & log stderr from our mash subprocess
* Improved metrics report generator (soon to be integrated into the web
interface)

---- Bugs & RFEs ----

Please file and bug reports or enhancement requests here: [4]"

1. Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-September/000687.html
3. https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates
4. https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/newticket

---- Fedora 14 Beta Go/No-Go Meeting Wednesday, September 22, 2010 @
21:00 UTC ----

John Poelstra[1] on Tue Sep 21 18:59:05 UTC 2010 announced[2],

"Join us on irc.freenode.net #fedora-meeting for this important meeting.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 @ 21:00 UTC (17:00 EDT/14:00 PDT)

"Before each public release Development, QA, and Release Engineering
meet to determine if the release criteria are met for a particular
release. This meeting is called the: Go/No-Go Meeting."

"Verifying that the Release criteria are met is the responsibility of
the QA Team."

For more details about this meeting see: [3]

In the meantime keep an eye on the Fedora 14 Beta Blocker list and help
us get the testing matrix completed by testing.

[4] [5]"

1. John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2010-September/000689.html
3. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Go_No_Go_Meeting
4.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=F14Beta&hide_resolved=1
5. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fedora_14_Beta_RC_Test_Results

--- Fedora Events ---

Fedora events are the exclusive and source of marketing, learning and
meeting all the fellow community people around you. So, please mark your
agenda with the following events to consider attending or volunteering
near you!

---- Upcoming Events (Sept 2010 - November 2010) ----

* North America (NA)[1]
* Central & South America (LATAM) [2]
* Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)[3]
* India, Asia, Australia (India/APJ)[4]

1.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY11_Q3_.28Sept_2010_-_November_2010.29
2.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY11_Q3_.28September_2010_-_November_2010.29
3. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY11_Q3_.28Sep._2010_-_Nov._2010.29
4.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events#FY11_Q3_.28Sept_2010_-_November_2010.29_2

---- Past Events ----

Archive of Past Fedora Events[1]

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/PastEvents

---- Additional information ----

* Reimbursements -- reimbursement guidelines.
* Budget -- budget for the current quarter (as distributed by FAMSCo).
* Sponsorship -- how decisions are made to subsidize travel by community
members.
* Organization -- event organization, budget information, and regional
responsibility.
* Event reports -- guidelines and suggestions.
* LinuxEvents -- a collection of calendars of Linux events.

-- Planet Fedora --

In this section, we cover the highlights of Planet Fedora[1] - an
aggregation of blogs from Fedora contributors worldwide.

Contributing Writer: Adam Batkin

1. http://planet.fedoraproject.org

--- General ---

Michael Tiemann reported[1] on a victory for the Open Source Initiative.
"This week, Google announced that Google Code was going to treat all
OSI-approved licenses as equal. Which is great news."[2]

Vincent Danen explained[3] how to properly (and improperly) distribute
new PGP/GPG keys. "It is ridiculous that an organization supposedly as
secure as CERT can have such poor distribution mechanisms for alerting
users of their new GPG keys. It is really important that, when you
update GPG keys and distribute the public key that you can easily
establish trust of the new key."

Matthew Garrett compared[4] the "parallels between the Android/upstream
scenario and Canonical's approach to upstream." Matthew continued:"
Forking because you believe that your approach is better is a completely
valid development model, but in the long run can cause problems if you
don't have a long-term strategy for how to resolve that fork. For all we
criticise Google's ability to get Android code into the mainline kernel,
they've put orders of magnitude more effort into doing so than Canonical
have in terms of getting Ayatana's code into mainline Gnome."

Kevin Fenzi looked back[5] at the development around systemd, now that
its inclusion has been pushed back, out of Fedora 14 (but Kevin thinks
"systemd is on track to be very solid for Fedora 15").

Karsten Wade announced[6] that Red Hat is opening up the Fedora Students
Contributing/Summer Coding program to greater involvement from the
community. "Rather than taking total control of this program forevermore
for the Red Hat brand, we are convinced that applying the principles of
the open source way to community events management is the right way to
do such a program in the name of a community. In addition to inviting
all Fedora users, enthusiasts, and participants to join in organizing
this event, I want to specifically call out to the organizations –
corporate, academic, non-profit, etc. – to join with some of their
staff/members."

Máirín Duffy summarized[7] the Fedora Board meetings of September 10 and
13, 2010. One of the items of business was trying to convince Jared
Smith (Fedora Project Leader) to blog more, so hopefully we will have
more posts to report on from Jared soon.

Stephen Smoogen called out[8] for help compiling a list of statistics
(such as number of source packages, kernel, glibc, gcc and X versions)
from a number of Linux distributions. Any Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu,
Mandrive or SuSE historians out there?

1. http://opensource.org/node/546
2.
http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2010/09/license-evolution-and-hosting-projects.html
3. http://linsec.ca/blog/2010/09/14/how-not-to-update-gpg-keys/
4. http://mjg59.livejournal.com/127355.html
5.
http://scrye.com/wordpress-mu/nirik/2010/09/15/fesco-features-and-systemd/
6.
http://iquaid.org/2010/09/16/running-a-student-contributing-program-the-open-source-way/
7.
http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/fedora-board-meetings-10-sept-2010-13-sept-2010/
8.
http://smoogespace.blogspot.com/2010/09/need-help-from-other-distros-and-old-rh.html

-- Ambassadors --

This section covers the news surrounding the Fedora Ambassadors Project[1].

Contributing Writer: Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

--- Welcome New Ambassadors ---

This week the Fedora Ambassadors Project did not have any new members
joining.

--- Summary of traffic on Ambassadors mailing list ---

Colin Zwiebel posted [1] about the Etherpad FAD at Olin College to be
held on 2010-10-08 and invited anyone who is interested to participate.

David Ramsey reminded [2] about a Test Day on 2010-09-16 around the
Anaconda Translation Keyboard [3]

David Ramsey reminded [4] about a Test Day on 2010-09-23 around
Virtualization [5]

Thomas Canniot informed [6] the list about the sad demise of Souleyman
Douar an active Ambassador and a member for the French Fedora Community

Ahmed M. Araby informed [7] Arabic speakers about a blog on Fedora [8]

Scott Thistle (re)introduced himself [9] and, Larry Cafiero picked up
the thread [10] to discuss about COSSFest

Scott McBrien reminded [11] NA Ambassadors about the meeting on
2010-09-22 [12]

Ben Williams posted a report [13] on the Ohio Linux Fest 2010 [14]

John Poelstra posted [15] about upcoming tasks around Fedora 14 release

1.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-September/015549.html
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-September/015567.html
3.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-16_AnacondaTranslationKeyboard
4.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-September/015599.html
5. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-23_Virtualization
6.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-September/015561.html
7.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-September/015597.html
8. http://fedrawi.com/
9.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-September/015592.html
10.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-September/015593.html
11.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-September/015598.html
12. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Ambassadors_2010-9-22
13.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-September/015600.html
14. http://jbwillia.wordpress.com/2010/09/21/olf-2010/
15.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-September/015596.html

--- Summary of traffic on FAmSCo mailing list ---

Max Spevack followed up [1] on his reminder [2] for a meeting on
2010-09-20 and checked if a quorum would be available. Both María
Leandro and David Nalley indicated that they would attend.

1.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2010-September/000356.html
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2010-September/000355.html

-- Translation --

This section covers the news surrounding the Fedora Translation (L10n)
Project[1].

Contributing Writer: Runa Bhattacharjee

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N

--- Fedora 14 Tasks ---

John Poelstra informed[1] the list about the upcoming tasks for Fedora
14. As per the schedule, translation of Beta Release Notes and all
guides is currently underway.

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008028.html

--- Stability Problems for translate.fedoraproject.org ---

Thomas Canniot from the French translation team put forward a query
wanting to know the reasons that have been causing the transifex
instance used by translate.fedoraproject.org to malfunction over the
past few months[1]. Dimitris Glezos suggested that in the absence of
dedicated sysadmins to monitor translate.fedoraproject.org the Fedora
translation platform could be moved to transifex.net[2]. However, this
suggestion was not well received especially since Fedora generally
prefers to host its services within its own infrastructure[3].

Noriko Mizumoto filed a ticket with Fedora Infrastructure to investigate
the matter[4]. Kevin Raymond volunteered to understand the workings that
may allow him to maintain the transifex RPM for Fedora[5].

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008009.html
2. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008014.html
3. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008019.html
4. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008029.html
5. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008032.html

--- Power Management Guide ---

The Power Management Guide for Fedora 14 is now available for
translation via translate.fedoraproject.org[1].

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008006.html

--- FLP Representative for Fedora Websites ---

Kevin Raymond has taken up additional responsibility with the Fedora
Websites team and has required permissions to modify .POT files to make
corrections for bugs and other issues reported by the translators[1].

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008049.html

--- Anaconda Translation/Keyboard Test day ---

A Fedora Test Day dedicated to Translation and Keyboard issues in
Anaconda was held on 16th September 2010[1]. Members from numerous
language teams participated in the Test Day and reported their findings[2].

1.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-16_AnacondaTranslationKeyboard
2. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008043.html

--- New Members and Sponsors in FLP ---

Igor Oblachko (Russian)[1], Jesus Franco (Spanish)[2] Hedayat Vatankhah
(Persian)[3] joined the Fedora Localization Project recently.

1. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008010.html
2. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008011.html
3. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2010-September/008045.html

-- Design --

In this section, we cover the Fedora Design Team[1].

Contributing Writer: Nicu Buculei

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork

--- Fedora Design Team at FUDCon ---

A several members of the Fedora Design Team participated last week at
the Fedora Users and Developers Conference (FUDCon) in Zurich, where the
team meet for a few tracks: in the first day Máirín Duffy delivered[1] a
presentation about creating digital art with GIMP and Inkscape in the
main room in front of an interested audience "So I gave my Gimp &
Inkscape tutorial session in the afternoon. For the hour that I had I
went over by 30 minutes or so, but my very patient audience stuck around
(thank you!)", in the second day Máirín organised a Design Team
Workshop[2] for the team members to meet and plan the activity and
Papadeas Pierros held[3] a workshop about the 'Design Suite' spin "think
we managed to reach a consensus on that: Design Suite should focus on
the Graphic tools and provide also basic functionality for Audio and
Video editing". The third day the team meet again in a BarCamp session
about creating 'awesome art stuff'[4], also conducted by Máirín "We kind
of left it open-ended, but since Milan from the Spacewalk team needed a
hackergotchi and I had just taken some photos of him for it this
morning, I offered a run through of making a hackergotchi in the Gimp as
a demo we could do, and asked the audience if they had anything they’d
be interested in."

1. http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/09/18/more-fudcon-day-1-fudcon-day-2/
2. http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/09/18/more-fudcon-day-1-fudcon-day-2/
3. http://pierros.papadeas.gr/?p=141
4.
http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/fudcon-day-3-awesome-art-stuff-barcamp-session/

--- Banners for the Next FUDCon ---

The Design Team is not only participating to FUDCons, it also help
organizing them, Marc Stewart followed[1] a ticket and created a set of
banners for the next FUDCon in Tempe "I've made a set of banners by
taking the logo from here: and then rearranging elements to fit the
various banner shapes." Then, following a reqest by Robyn Bergeron[2],
Marc consolidated[3] them to the wiki "I've uploaded them to the wiki,
along with archives of the complete collection and of the SVG sources,
and created a page that shows/links to them all"[4].

1.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-September/003311.html
2.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-September/003334.html
3.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-September/003340.html
4. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Tempe_2011_web_banners

-- Security Advisories --

In this section, we cover Security Advisories from fedora-package-announce.

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce

Contributing Writer: Pascal Calarco

--- Fedora 14 Security Advisories ---

* fuse-encfs-1.7.2-1.fc14 -
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2010-September/047825.html

--- Fedora 13 Security Advisories ---

* couchdb-0.11.2-2.fc13 -
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2010-September/047983.html
* kernel-2.6.34.7-56.fc13 -
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2010-September/047943.html
* fuse-encfs-1.7.2-1.fc13 -
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2010-September/047794.html
* squid-3.1.8-1.fc13 -
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2010-September/047787.html

--- Fedora 12 Security Advisories ---

* webkitgtk-1.2.4-1.fc12 -
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2010-September/047984.html
* kernel-2.6.32.21-168.fc12 -
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2010-September/047965.html
* couchdb-0.11.2-2.fc12 -
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2010-September/047951.html
* squid-3.1.8-1.fc12 -
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2010-September/047820.html
* fuse-encfs-1.7.2-1.fc12 -
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2010-September/047798.html

- end FWN 244 -

-----
Pascal Calarco, Fedora Ambassador, Indiana, USA