FPL travel to LATAM events!

In just a few weeks, the Fedora community in Latin America will hold a
major FUDCon event in Santiago, Chile, from July 15-17, 2010.  You can
find all the details on our wiki:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Santiago_2010

Encouraging the growth of Fedora community around the world is
important to our project.  That's why the responsibilities of the
Fedora Project Leader include lowering barriers and advocating for
involvement and participation.  One of the ways the FPL does this is
by traveling to different community events and talking about the way
that Fedora works, and our dedication to sustainable community and
free software development.

So I'm very pleased and excited to announce that our new Fedora
Project Leader Jared Smith's first appearance at a community event
will be at the FUDCon in Santiago, Chile.  In addition, just a few
days afterward Jared will attend the FISL 11 conference in Porto
Alegre, Brazil.

Both events represent a unique opportunity for the Fedora Project to
support our friends and extend our community in Latin America.  As
always, the FUDCon event in Santiago is free and open to everyone to
register and attend.  We look forward to seeing the community at these
events!

You can find more information about Jared here:

http://press.redhat.com/2010/06/29/introducing-fedora-project-leader-jared-smith/