Fedora Elections and Release Name Selection - Voting Information

Hi Everyone,

The elections for the Fedora Board, Fedora Engineering Steering
Committee (FESCo) and the Fedora 12 Release Name choice have been
created and are due to start at 0000 UTC on 7th June 2009 and are
scheduled to run until 2359 UTC on 22nd June 2009.

All groups have chosen to use the Range Voting method
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Range_voting).

Ballots may be cast on the Fedora Elections System at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting. If this is the first time you've
used the voting system, please refer to the Fedora Elections Guide,
currently located at http://nigelj.fedorapeople.org/feg/.

Fedora Board Election:
----------------------
This election, the Fedora Board is electing three candidates and will
appoint another two members.

Vacating the seats on the board this election are Jesse Keating, Seth
Vidal, Tom Callaway, Chris Tyler and Harald Hoyer.

John Poelstra was announced as the board's first appointee with the
second to be decided after the election.

The candidates for this election, in alphabetical order are:

 David Nalley (ke4qqq)
 Dennis Gilmore (dgilmore)
 Josh Boyer (jwb)
 Mike McGrath (mmcgrath)
 Tom Callaway (spot)

To vote, you must have a signed Contributor License Agreement (CLA).

Vote Here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/about/boardf12

Town Hall Logs:
 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meetings:Town_Hall_Board_2009-06-04_1400UTC
 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meetings:Town_Hall_Board_2009-06-05_0200UTC

Fedora Engineering Steering Committee Election:
For this election, FESCo will be electing five candidates to sit on the
committee.

Vacating the seats on FESCo this election are Bill Nottingham, Kevin
Fenzi, Dennis Gilmore, Brian Pebble and David Woodhouse.

The candidates for this election, in alphabetical order are:

 Adam Miller (maxamillion)
 Andreas Thienemann (ixs)
 Bill Nottingham (notting)
 Christoph Wickert (cwickert)
 David Woodhouse (dwmw2)
 Dennis Gilmore (dgilmore)
 Ian Weller (ianweller)
 Jens Petersen (juhp)
 Kevin Fenzi (nirik)
 Kevin Kofler (Kevin_Kofler)
 Seth Vidal (skvidal)

To vote, you must have a signed Contributor License Agreement (CLA) and
be a member of any other group.

Vote Here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/about/fescof12

Town Hall Logs:
 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meetings:Town_Hall_FESCo_2009-06-03_1400
 * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meetings:Town_Hall_FESCo_2009-06-04_0200

Fedora 12 Release Name Community Vote:
This community vote has been setup to choose the release name for
Fedora 12.

The choices for this vote were selected using community suggestions
from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_12.

The options for this vote are in alphabetical order:

 Chilon
 Constantine
 Orville
 Rugosa
 Umbria

To vote, you must be a member of the ambassadors group in the Fedora
Account System.

Vote Here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/about/relnamef12

***
I'd also like to point out the following from Paul Frields' announcement
for the June 2008 Board Election:

"I'd like everyone voting to remember that this isn't a popularity
contest, or a reward system. Think about how you'd like to Board to look
when you vote, the same way you think about how you'd like any
government body to look when you cast votes for their elections. We have
a lot of worthy candidates on this list, and you should pick the ones
that you feel will best represent you in advancing the Fedora Project.

This is one of numerous ways in which our community makes decisions
about the leadership of Fedora.  Your vote counts, and I hope you take
advantage of it."
***

This advice is still valid, not just for the Fedora Board election but
for all three elections.

Thanks also go to Matt Domsch and other volunteers who have helped with
organising and running Town Hall meetings for these elections.

Regards,

Nigel Jones
Fedora Election Admin