After Fedora 8 comes Fedora 9!

The development cycle of Fedora 9 will begin in earnest tomorrow.  This
will mark the first attempt at composing Rawhide with package builds
that target Fedora 9.  There is quite a number of them built up
already, over 800.  This will be a bumpy ride at first as we start to
see where all these builds gets us.  In the next couple of weeks we the
project will work on setting a schedule for Fedora 9, start reviewing
proposed Features, and come up with an overall idea of what we'd like
to accomplish this time around.

For those of you that were early adopters of Fedora 8 and joined the
Rawhide bandwagon, but want to get off at the Fedora 8 stop, I suggest
that you ensure your 'development' yum repo is disabled.  For those of
you that wish to continue to enjoy Rawhide, I suggest you ensure that
your 'fedora', and any updates repos are disabled, and make sure that
your development repo remains enabled.

During the development of Fedora 8 we experimented with a few things to
help users and developers of Fedora have a smooth ride through the
development cycle.  Those experiments have worked out pretty well and
have been incorporated into the overall development strategy, as
oulined here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Overview  As we look forward to Fedora 9 we hope to make the experience even more enjoyable and at the same time even more beneficial to all involved.  I welcome suggestions and discussion on how to improve things, which is always a constant goal of mine.

So lets all sit back, relax, and enjoy a day of rest for Fedora 8.
Tomorrow it starts up all over again!

--
Jesse Keating