Fedora Board Elections

Pardon me while I interject a little bit of governance into your day.

We are due for our first round of Fedora Board elections. There have been some threads recently on fedora-advisory-board that have been working to clarify what the Board's role should be as it goes into its next term.

Those who have not seen that thread may want to look at:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-June/msg00022.html

The Fedora Board continues to serve as the top-level decision making body within Fedora. One of the challenges that the "new" Fedora Board will face is doing a better job of making sure that the Fedora Board appropriately manages the rest of the Fedora community, and also Fedora's interaction with the larger Red Hat engineering, legal, etc. groups.

Pages you will want to look at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/SuccessionPlanning
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/History
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Elections
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Elections/Nominations

Here is a brief *summary* of stuff that appears in more detail on those pages:

* 3 of the 9 seats are open for election in this current iteration.
* process is similar to other Fedora elections.
* we're electing 3 of the seats for the Fedora Board this time around.
* anyone who is a Fedora contributor (regardless of where they are employed) may run and vote.

The nomination period will extend until 11:59 PM UTC on June 28th.

Voting will begin at 12:01 AM UTC on June 29th.

Voting will end at 11:59 PM UTC on July 8th.

The first meeting of the new Fedora Board will be on July 10th.

These dates are subject to tweaking if/as necessary. I am more interested in making sure that sufficient people have a chance to be nominated, accept (if needed) nominations, and put together their thoughts and goals than I am about tying us to a specific timeline. If it takes a week or two longer, that's worth it to have a higher quality discussion.

Thank you.

--
Max Spevack
+ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MaxSpevack