Re: Crash Dump Region

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 10:18:59AM +0800, Zou, Nanhai wrote:
> [...]

Thanks.

I had missed the efi_wb(), which was the cause of some confusion on my
part. But as you suggest, is_memory_available() probaly is better, I'll
comment on your patch separately.

However, what I am more worried about is the case where the base address
is passed by the end-user, in which case it seems that some kind of
check should be added to efi_initialize_iomem_resources().

A quick check on my tiger2 box shows that the following is possible. I
know its a silly example, but I think it does demonstrate the problem
that I was trying to explain in my intial email.  And I think that you
have answered my question - this is not correct

crashkernel=1k@520k

00082000-00083fff : reserved
  00082000-000823ff : Crash kernel

I'll make a patch to fix this up if you have no objections.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/