RE: LCD Monitors

<x-charset iso-8859-1>The controls that come with most video cards actually fight against the
loader installed by profiling software (e.g., Adobe Gamma Loader). OptiCal
comes with PreCal, which helps you set your monitor controls, but these are
actual analog controls in the monitor itself, separate from the video card.
The usual complement of gamma sliders that video card vendors provide
operate by loading lookup tables into the video card, which is exactly what
profiling software tries to do, so they can't both work. The video card
utilities are for people who don't have profiling software (including the
lowly Adobe Gamma), and should be untouched by people who do.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco

> From: dickbo
>
> Intresting you say all that because some weeks ago I decided to
> ColorVision
> my monitor profile by using the display cards software controls, and the
> truth is I could not do it because although the card software allowed far
> more movement on white and black point settings they appeard to be beyond
> the spyders ability to read them. At the same time RGB
> adjustments could not
> be done when using the colour visions software.
>
> Although the cards driver software appeared to have a much wider range of
> screen visual change options you simply could not use them to calibrate a
> monitor profile.

-

</x-charset>