Printer drivers on a networked computer

I just completed setting up my new computer, a 2.2 gig Pentium 4 running
under Windows XP Professional. It is networked to my old computer via an
ethernet router. Everything seems to work fine in terms of "seeing" each
drive's contents and printers from the other. My printers, an Epson
Stylus Photo EX and Epson 3000, are connected to the parallel port of
the old computer. I can print to either one from the new computer, but
the Printer dialogs I see for the EX are the Windows default version
which are useless since I can't apply a custom printer profile. I
installed the latest version of both drivers that I could find on the
new computer, so I now see two "phantom" printers as well as the "real"
ones (the ones connected to my old computer) in my XP Printers and Faxes
window. What do I have to do to get the Epson driver to show up when I
send a document to print instead of the Windows default driver?
Secondly, should I uninstall the "phantom" printers? I don't anticipate
connecting them to the new computer anytime soon because of space
constraints.

Bernie

-