RE: Choosing a new Monitor (was LCD Monitors)

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Yes. If you calibrate the monitor, and then leave it alone, then you know
that you're seeing the same thing you'd see on any properly calibrated
monitor. If you adjust the monitor to match the prints, then you're looking
at the "wrong" colors, and any files you produce will not print correctly if
you take them to a print shop that has properly calibrated equipment.

If you want to tweak any controls to get better matching, tweak the color
controls in the printer driver. Although this is a necessarily iterative
process, once you've found a good setting, you'll know that you've matched
the printer to the monitor, and not the other way around.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco

> From: Konrad Poth
>
> Color me naive.
>
> With the color controls present I was hoping to first run Adobe
> Gamma, then
> using one of my prints from my 1270 as a master, try to set the color
> controls of the monitor to match the print as closely as possible
> - without
> the extra expense of a Spyder.
>
> Am I way off base here?

-