Re: Installing Niagara CIS

<x-charset Windows-1252>Andy:

For the first month or so, I had only intermittent
clogs,(on my 1160 with Gen 5) usually in the yellow.
It gradually got worse, then I made the mistake of not
using the printer for five or so days.

That's all folks!  It was clogged solid on the yellow.
I tried everything known to man to unclog it with no
luck.

Finally, I removed the CIS and flushed the heads with
Mediastreet's *flush* cartridges and loaded some Gen 4
cartridges.  A couple of cleaning cycles, and I was
back in business.  I did this to see if the head's
nozzles were gummed up.  Evidently they were not.

Strange thing...I decided to remove the cartridges from
the CIS and the yellow tube was solidly caked right at
the exit.  No damn wonder it wouldn't print.

Also, I attached my *syringe head blowout* gadget to
the yellow outlet on the CIS cartridge to see if the
exit from the cartridge was clogged (screen).  It
wasn't, but a yucky dark colored mess flowed out freely
intermingled with the yellow.  I am thinking that
perhaps I had a bad cartridge with leakage from the
next door magenta chamber.  I plan to see if this is
possible by talking with David, but haven't yet.

Anyway, my experience with G5 is that they print great,
they stick to glossy surfaces, but I sure got a nasty
terminal clog, whether or not it was the ink's fault.

prolog:  Gen 4 inks have been printing along nicely for
several days now with no further clogging.

bob snow
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-