Experience with the C80

As a new user of Epson  printers and Epson C80 specifically, and reading
all the rave reviews about it from those who seem to have expereince beyond
mine moves me to contribute this comment:

My experience with the C80 is one of struggle not ease.  Not in terms of
set up but in terms of output.  Yes I can see the potential of the printer
in terms of the quality I am looking for. What I don't see yet are: blue
tones.  I see dark purple almost black but so far no blue.  I have tweaked
and adjusted to no avail.  Logic hasn't helped me with adjustments in the
Epson colour managment dialogue boxes.

My test image page gives great colour results in all but this one area.  I
have read elsewhere that obtaining this colour can be a problem with these
printers.  So far I have not found a way around it.  As long as I don't
print anything with definite blue in it it is fine.   I haven't dared try
skin tones.  [Off list suggestions from others for settings for me to try ,
especially to achieve the blue spectrum, would great!  My paper preference
is Heavy Matte. ]

If I want glossy prints, I send my work to a lab. Otherwise I find the
colour to be rich and as I prefer matte finish, any limitations of glossy
[requiring spray, lamination] finishes are not important to me.

Given my druthers I would try and get to see print results from this
printer based on personal work or a test image of mine [versus commercial
test sheeets] before I purchased.

Suzan

-