Re: Video Cards, Advise and Going Wacky

<<Could those who are using a Matrox card with win 2000 please respond to me. It only has 32 mg & I thought I wanted a 64 mg card. I like to have my 21" monitor at 1600x1200 at a high refresh rate.

I'm running w2k with a Matrox G450...runs fine...the 32mb will be fine...

<<However when I went to color management it showed my 17" monitor instead of my nokia 21".

That doesn't have anything to do with the 32mb vs 64mb on the card...

According to "Quick Fixes: Windows 2000" by Jime Boyce (O'Reilly, ISBN: 0-596-00017-0), page 84-85:

"One adapter serves as the primary display, where the logon dialog appears and where most applications will open by default. Some BIOS will only let the AGP card be the primary display; others are configurable.

"Setting up the displays in Windows 2000 is relatively easy. All configuration happens through the Display Control Panel object."

"...open the Display object in the Control Panel or right-click the desktop and choose Properties to open Display properties

"...click one of the numbered display icons or select the adapter from the Display list

"...adjust the settings for the selected adapter based on the following list:

Display: select the display adapter whose properties you want to change
Colors: select the color depth for the selected adapter
Screen Area: specify the screen height and width (resolution) for the selected adapter

!!!Use this device as the primary monitor!!!: show the logon dialog box, desktop icons, and task bar on the selected display

Identify: briefly show the monitor number on the display to help ypu identify it
Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor: enable the selected display and include the desktop on it

"...repeat the above for the other adapters

"...click and drag the numbered monitor icons to arrange the displays according to your physical monitor layout"

Hope this helps...

Terrie

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp
-