Re: Photoshop7, Epson Drivers & Upgrading to Max OSX?

<x-flowed>I'm sorry, Mitch, that I got so involved in my own questions that I
neglected yours in my response to your e-mail. Since I've also been
slow to respond to your follow up, Russell Williams has answered your
question.

There nevertheless still seems to me to be a question about whether
it's better to work under OS 9.m.n instead of under OS X supplemented
by Classic. I've copied below the quote from your post a quote from
the BW-print list which gives me pause.

Sam

At 11:35 PM -0800 3/23/02, Robert Morrison wrote:
>To: <DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com>
>From: Robert Morrison <rmorrison@pobox.com>
>Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:35:50 -0800
>Subject: [Digital BW] Offtopic--Photoshop 6/Mac OSX problem
>
>Sorry, this is off topic.
>
>I had been using Photoshop 6 in classic mode with OSX for about 6 weeks with
>no problem.  Last weekend I fired up my SCSI scanner for the first time
>using OSX.  The scanner works fine...but now Photoshop won't open.  I get a
>"Photoshop has unexpectantly quit" error message when I fire it up.  The
>error occurs when the Photoshop intro screen says initializing. It works
>fine when I boot from OS9.2.  I've tried everything I can think
>of...resetting PRAM, reinstalling photoshop, dumping the preference file,
>tweaking the memory allocation...no luck...still get the error.
>
>Has anybody else seen this?
>
>Robert

-

</x-flowed>