RE: Storage

I'm jumping into this thread because I saw a mention of using two drives
with one used as a backup.

I had a system like this running when the power supply on my computer blew
taking out both hard drives, half of my RAM plus a few other odds and ends.
The people who rebuilt my computer said I got off lucky, some people have
lost everything including the motherboard.

For what it's worth, they also said that the damage was not really a result
of the power failure but because of a defect in the case which didn't
isolate the damage to the power supply.

Most of the files were backed up on CD but a project I had just got started
on wasn't and I had to have a local company recover the files from one of
the hard drives because re-scanning would take too much time.

Regards, John

John Denniston
john_denniston@telus.net
-