Re: Inks-Papers (was Re: Yellowing test + DPI Report)

Bruce,
Both Epson Archival Matte and I think all glossy papers are 'coated'.  I think what
Ursula is referring to are totally uncoated papers, which is to say, papers that
are not specifically coated to be inkjet ink receptive....Plain old 'art' papers

The reason pigment inks require coated papers is the the pigments need to stay on
the surface of the papers, whereas dyes can soak in and literally dye the papers
fibers (I know that the new Epson C80 inks can work on uncoated paper, but it's the
exception and not the rule).

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC

-