Swapping a CIS?

Hi All

I have been operating a CIS on an 1160 with Gen 4 inks for almost a
year, (with absolutely no problems) but I need to produce some promos on
glossy stock so I have decided to get a replacement CIS to use with the
plug n play inks.  My question is, can I mothball the CIS I am not using
for a future 1160 of for swapping back and forth on the same printer in
the future?  It seems to me in the past that nomorecarts sold a "Pro"
system for using more than one ink on a single printer or is that a
delusional idea from a past epson induced dream?
Does anybody swap?  Am I going to have to buy a replacement cart and use
the tubes from my Gen 4 setup?  With all you ingeneous folks out there I
figure maybe someone has figured out some alternatives.  Thanks in
advance.

Joe
-