Archival Matte In Rolls -- It's Coming, Maybe!

I just got back from the opening day of Seybold SF & got the latest on availability of Epson Archival Matte in rolls:

1) Should be available the beginning of November (finally....???).

2) It will be in 24", 36" and 44" wide rolls.

3) The name will be changed to Enhanced Matte Paper, for not only the roll paper, but cut sheets as well.  The reason I was told was that the term archival had some "legal implication " (don't ask me what) about being PH neutral, which the paper is not.  I was reassured that there will be no formulation changes.

4) Some cut sheets sizes will be available in larger-count packages.

5) Epson will offer a new media called Poster Board Enhanced Matte.  It really is a poster board, but it will have the same surface as the Enhance (Archival) Matte Paper.

Other tidbits from Seybold:  Lot's of no-show companies.  ColorVision was only partially there -- they abandoned their booth & had two non-technical sales folks in the Pantone booth showing the Spyder (where were you C.D.?)  I couldn't find Monaco -- but perhaps they were buried in some other booth I missed.  Finally, list contributor Steve Upton from Chromix WAS there & spent quite a bit of time with me discussing some of the complicated issues surrounding profiling.  Thanks, Steve.

-