Epson 1200

<x-flowed>Dear Mr. Wingo,
May God bless you.
I am writing with the blessing of Mother Elizabeth.
Thank you for your helpful suggestions.

>The 1200 (depending on its age and condition) is quite capable of this sort
>of task. Factors that affect your decision will include:

>1) Size of page - there will be a substantial difference in the time and
>ink demand between 4X6, 8X10 and 11X17 prints - if the print size is
>smaller, you might save a little time and resources by ganging the prints
>on larger paper (or roll paper) and cutting them

I am printing 8 small prints on 8.5" x 11" pages and will then be cutting them.

>2) Your deadline for the job - 700 prints of any size is no small task,
>regardless of print size. You do not want to try to rush things, but you do
>need to lay out a work flow that is efficient and not troublesome. You will
>need to include an allowance for periodic quality checks on the prints and
>alignments when changing carts.

Fortunately, I will not have to change cartridges as I have a CIS
system. This makes things a lot cheaper and easier. I will take note
of the periodic checks that you have mentioned. It will probably take
a few days to print this much.

>3) You will need to estimate how much ink this will take and have enough on
>hand to finish the job.

This is a very good point. I believe I need to order some black ink.

>If you find the task daunting, you might look for a generous benefactor who
>has access to a high volume photo printer who would help.

I don't think we are likely to find a generous benefactor, but I
guess you never know. I am actually looking forward to this job.

>Jim Wingo

Again, thank you very much for your help.

--

In Christ,
Mother Synkletike, unworthy nun.

</x-flowed>