Re: Genuine Fractals 2

Laurie:

I just checked. I never touch the crop settings and when I first open the file,
let's say it was saved at about 5x8", 300dpi resolution. I find the following,
and these are consistent except for the linear dimensions:

1. Left 0
    right 5 inches
    top 0
    bottom 8.1 inches

I've put these in inches although it usually shows in pixels. The consistency is
that Left and Top are always 0.I think that the other two numbers remain the
same with successive prints but not sure. I usually don't print more than one
copy at this point from the GF file. If I load another GF image it's margins are
further to the left and even successive TIF files move from then on.

2. Constrain proportions is always checked.
3. Constrain dimensions is not checked. Since I do not usually change the
resolution dpi I don't bother with this. Looked at the GF "manual" a while back
and found nothing useful about this. Says to turn it on if you want to change
the resolution and keep the same dimensions. Big Help!

By the way, I also have had corrupted encoded GF files that would not open at a
session, but when I went back after a cold boot they opened fine.

If none of the above suggests anything to you is there a GF person who is with
LizardTech and really knows the product?

Thanks.

Judith Lipmanson

-