From: Chuck Miller <chuckmiller@new.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:58:33 -0500
To: <epson-inkjet@leben.com>
Subject: C80 reviews...please

Greetings-

Been expecting new owners of the Epson C80 to weigh in with their considered
judgments, or at least their gut reactions after using it for a while.

I have found a 900 to be useful "partner" with a 1270. For one client, I
keep both busy for 1/2 day to generate the color prints required. The two
printers give different results, but these are presentation materials and I
can get them close enough. May pass the 900 on to a friend. Could go back to
a 700, but that's not really intended for production.

So, I encourage C80 users to speak up. How different, how good are the
pigment inks? Does 3 picoliters make a difference in the pastel tones? Does
a set of cartridges produce a generous number of prints? Is the printer fast
at Quality as well as Speed? What do you folks think?

Oh, price. There's a $30 rebate, and $9 off a paper pack, but I haven't seen
the printer itself discounted yet from $179. Agreed?

-