Re: Epson Stylus Photo 780

Actually, the 780 is essentially the 777 with the same 6-color print system
as the 890. Same inks as the 890, 1270, 1280/90 (smaller color cart than
12XX, but same black cart - both carts are identical to the 890). Depending
on your workload it can be an incredible bargain or a bad mistake. The
closest parallel to the 870 you mention is the 890 - it is built on the
same platform as the 870 but with a vastly updated print system and inks.
However, it currently sells for about three hundred bucks - thus you can
get three 780 for the price of one 890. The 890 has much smoother paper
handling and is quite a bit quieter. Unfortunately, it is available in far
fewer venues than the 780 - I think Fry's is one (online many have it).
Depening on where you live, CompUSA is a good source for the 780, others
would be Staples or Circuit City. If your needs do not REQUIRE a 6-color
system, you might consider the new C80 - it has the potential of being a
rugged and productive printer with outstanding imaging characteristics - it
is currently available for about $180 with a $30 rebate. Check it out at
Epson's website WWW.epson.com

Jim Wingo

>From: "Dan Baumbach" <danb@timelesslight.com>
>

>A group I work with are interested in purchasing the Epson Stylus Photo
>780. From the specs it looks like a slower version of the 870.  However we
>cannot find a vendor that sells it.  Is this printer still manufactured?
Is it