Re: Any idea how much ink is used in a Head Cleaning on a 1270/1290?

<x-flowed>At 07:35 PM 9/6/01 -0400, Greogry Georges wrote:

>I took out my 1270 that sat for three months while I used a new 1290. The
>black ink cartridge was clogged and it needed a new color cartridge.
>
>It took about 10 attempts of getting it cleaned by using the utility Head
>Cleaning in the Properties menu. My new color cartridge now shows about 50%
>ink left!!
>
>Can this be correct? If so, how would you go about just cleaning the black
>head?

Speaking from experience on other small Epsons, this
isn't too far from the norm.  Each cleaning cycle
uses (I'm guessing) about 5-10% of the total ink
capacity.  It's all a vast conspiracy to waste ink.

Not sure what you could have done better except:

1. flush the 1270 prior to storing it

2. Don't ever run more than 2 or 3 consecutive
    cleaning cycles in rapid-fire.  If 2 or 3
    don't get you there, wait an hour or two
    before trying again.

3. The old Windex trick, maybe...

rafe b.

</x-flowed>