RE: RGB/Grayscale

I would say that it looks like the printer had horribly clocked black jets,
or had pretty much run out of black ink. Note that the image looks fine in
the lighter areas, where it would be simulating black by mixing C, M and Y,
but goes to pot in what should be the dark spots, where it would rely on the
actual black ink. The horizontal stripes in the darkest spots could indicate
clogs, or just that some jets manage to coax a bit more ink out of the
nearly empty black tank.

It's actually an interesting effect in this case. It looks like the same
dead tree in winter, with snow on it!

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco

-