Re: 2000P Non Archival?

<x-flowed>
Thanks Jim, I appreciate your input. What does IMO mean?
It sounds more and more like two printers are going to be necessary for
doing what I want done.

By the way would anybody know about the archival life, or where to find
out about same, of ALPS MD-5000 Prints, or where that information might
be found. I've had this printer for over two years and have done some
impressive prints with it but don't have a clue about the longevity. In
its VPhoto mode it prints 2400X2400.

Larry

On Saturday, September 1, 2001, at 08:04  AM, Jim Wingo wrote:

> The 2000P stands apart from all other Epson printers sold at retail: it
> is
> intended as strictly an archival photographic printer. Its inks perform
> horribly on plain paper and it is miserably slow. Thus, IMO, it is a
> poor
> choice as a general use printer. If your need for a non-archival printer
> includes 13" wide media, then the 1270/80 are good choices. If not,
> then an
> 880, 980 (and the new C80, I suspect), or 890 will perform very well
> at a
> modest cost, depending on if you need 6 colors or 4 for your general
> use.
> One advantage of having a second printer you may be forgetting, is the
> ability to do two jobs at once.
>
> Jim Wingo

> On 8/31/2001 at 3:04 PM Larry Hunt wrote:
>
>> No Bob, you have not missed the point. But since this printer cost a
>> great deal, I was wondering if I could use it for general purpose
>> printing and pictures that did not need to have a long life. I want to
>> have the ability to have archival prints that last but I did not want
>> have to get another printer for day to day printing activities. I
>> currently have an Epson Photo 700 that does a great job but it is
>> getting tired.
>> Larry
>> On Friday, August 31, 2001, at 06:48  AM, Bob Meyer wrote:
>

> -

</x-flowed>