Re: Which CIS for Epson 1160?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> I have an Epson 1160 and am interested in buying a color continuous inking
> system for it.  So far I'm aware of two which are available - the CFS from
> MIS Associates and the CIS from NoMoreCarts.   Can anyone tell me the pros
> and cons of these two?  Are there any others which I should consider?
> Thanks....

I just repurposed an 1160 CIS last night, switching from B&W to colour. This
involved installing a new set of carts and flushing the lines.

Setup takes just minutes, and the vacumm fill procedure of the CIS system
works remarkably well. The first thing I did after installing the carts was
to run a nozzle check and it was perfect, right off the bat.

I've been running the 1160 CIS for about 4 months now without the slightest
hint of trouble. I haven't tried the CFS systems, but I can highly recommend
the CIS. It's easy to set up and you can start printing right away.

-

</x-charset>