Re: Wiziwyg Profiler for sale

At 04:22 PM 28/08/2001 +0100, Alan Rew wrote:
>For those unfamiliar with WiziWYG, it's worth pointing out that the software
>is a free download from the PraxiSoft web site; all you pay for is the
>WiziWYG-specific IT8 card. I'm not questioning Barry's integrity here, I'm
>just pointing out a strange-but-true fact about this profiling solution.
>
>Given my own spectacular lack of success with this package, then if I were
>of a cynical turn of mind I'd assume that by issuing 'free' software they
>are making sure you can't ask for your money back if it doesn't work ;-) But
>then of course I don't think like that...

Sure glad you're not cynical Alan :)

I'm using WiziWYG with Generations4 and getting good results from the Wizi
profiles after a bit of tweaking.  I'm not suggesting WiziWYG is the best
profiling solution, but it can work well with a compatible scanner (a Umax
Astra 2000P is working for me), attention to detail, and some tweaking of
the profiles.

I will suggest the Wizi, specially at $40, is the best bang for the buck
profiler around.

Powell