Re: Cannon s800 printers instead of epsons

<x-flowed>At 11:01 AM 8/27/01 -0700, Bob Meyer wrote:

>Why?  Look where you asked a question about Canon
>printers.  That's right, the Epson list.  Nowhere have
>I found a resource for Canon printers that comes close
>to matching this resource for Epsons.

I have purchased four Epson printers in the last
four years and spent easily that amount in Epson
media (inks and paper) in the same period.

And I'm still delighted to see Canon offering a
strong contender in the photo-inkjet market.  The
S600 has some features that we Epsonites have
sorely missed:

* easily removable printhead, for routine
   maintenance or replacement
* individual carts for each color
* carts easily refilled with liquid ink --
   no CIS or "vacuum" technology needed
* optical sensing of ink level in each cart

What I haven't seen from Canon yet is a model
to match or beat the 1160/1270/1280 series of
printers.

rafe b.

-

</x-flowed>